Focused on Excellence
Trinity Catholic Academy’s vision is to have every child be successful spiritually, emotionally and academically. The curriculum at the Upper Campus for students in Grades 4-8 is designed to improve student literacy in reading and writing and in the complex problem-solving skills of standards-based math. This comprehensive academic program is supplemented by faith formation and enrichment in technology, research skills, physical education, music, and art. Building on our goal at the Lower Campus to create lifelong learners, our Upper Campus commits to maintaining the highest standards of excellence to all students.
TCA students in Grades 4-8 participate in STREAM-based curriculum (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics), a fusion of multiple disciplines that allows students to explore how these different disciplines interrelate in real-world situations and social justice issues. All students receive instruction in music, art, physical education, library and technology.
Talented & Gifted Program (TAG)
TCA's Talented & Gifted Program is aimed at further challenging the highest performing students in Grades 4-8 and takes a very inclusive approach at selecting students for participation in this special program. Students with above average ability and a commitment to learning and those with scores in the top 25% on standardized tests (along with a teacher recommendation, parent nomination, and/or self nomination) may be selected to be part of our TAG program.
Upper Campus Highlights
- Standards-based curriculum with an emphasis on preparation for high school and college
- Extended English and Math classroom time
- A longer school day means more time to learn
- Classroom activities and instruction designed to develop skills in critical thinking, analysis, creativity, and other important 21st century skills
- Hands-on, whole class, small group, and individual learning time
- Evaluation and assessment to monitor student progress towards performance standards
2018 High School Enrollment
Every year, graduating Grade 8 students are accepted to many great local high schools. 64% of this year's graduating class will be attending Catholic high school next year. Graduates have enrolled in the following high schools:
- Cardinal Spellman
- Notre Dame Academy, Hingham
- Fontbonne Academy
- Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical
- Brockton High School
- Blue Hills Regional
- Whitman-Hanson Regional